CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, 9 March 2015

The Little Mermaid – Re-telling the Story

~ @3 yrs and 5 months ~
Backdated post for Aug 2014
 


I’m a super restrictive Mama.  Screen-time for Sweet Butterfly was restricted to educational DVDs like leapfrog.  When I was pregnant, I gave in a little and introduced Nick Junior.  Team Umizoomi became her favourite.  I liked it too as it taught Maths.

With Busy Bee, I relented more by introducing her to the Disney cartoon, Little Mermaid.  I struggled over this decision before showing her the DVD.  Sweet Butterfly loves Ariel.  Her 3 years old birthday cake had a Little Mermaid theme.  We read the story countless time.  I thought that by seeing the cartoon, she could relate to it. 

She watched the DVD DAILY for more than a month.  She talked about the show every second.  She refused to do any activities with me.  She just wanted to ‘pretend-play’ the Little Mermaid way. 
In the end, I made her some props.  She was ecstatic.
 
Checking out the pieces.

Found Ursula.  Somehow, Ursula fascinate her too.

This was a wonderful activity as it allowed me to carry Busy Bee (this explained the lack of photos) and re-tell the story together with her.  We had lots of literacy fun.  Did I mention that she can sing the song Part of Your World?


Like what you see? Subscribe to Growing Merrily so that alerts can be sent straight to your mailbox.  You will not miss any printables too!  GRAB YOUR SUBSCRIBER FREEBIE NOW!
  ABC maths

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...