CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Alphabet Soup

~ @27th months ~
 
DSC07962_thumb[5]
 

Alphabet Soup is not a new idea.  You can find lots of pics of it on Pinterest.  Since we were stuck at home by the haze, I thought we could work on those letters which Sweet Butterfly had problems with in our humble small toilet. 


Supplies
  1. A big tub
  2. Some water play toys like watering can, scoop, etc.
  3. Alphabet foam
Direction
  1. Everything goes into the tub
  2. Add water
Learn
  1. Letter Recognition
We did it in the toilet to minimize the cleaning up.
DSC07966_thumb[10]
Just for fun, I got her to put on her full swimming gear.
DSC07968_thumb[5]
No introduction was needed.  She just started pouring and scooping.  As usual, whenever I introduce a new activity, I let her play for awhile.  During this period, I would observe her and try to integrate learning into the way she play.  For example, since she is scooping, I asked her to scoop the letters.
DSC07978_thumb[5]
Every now and then, I’ll scoop a letter a quizzed her.  Added a pail to scoop the letters into it.
DSC07979_thumb[5]
I asked her to smile but she was worried of the water getting into her eyes. 
DSC07987_thumb[9]
I love her expression.  Evil Mama.

A word of caution, be prepared for tears when the activity end.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...