CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, 29 March 2013

Playdough - Monsters and Gingerbread Man

~ @ 24 months ~
 IMG_3083[1]_thumb[1]

Supplies
  1. 2 cups flour
  2. 1/2 cup salt
  3. 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
  4. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  5. 1 1/2 cups boiling water
  6. Pipe Cleaners
  7. Googly eyes
  8. Random embellishments (I had ribbons, straws, beads, buttons)

Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients (I got sweet butterfly to help me except for the boiling water part)
  2. Play
Learn
  1. Creative play
  2. Measurements
  3. Sensory
PicMonkey-Collage[5](2)
This was an impromptu play.  I asked Sweet Butterfly if she wants to play with flour.  She gave me an excited yes.  She even waited patiently for me to find the recipe.  I let her touch all the ingredients and mix them.  She happily did so.  I helped in the kneading. 
DSC070971[5]
When we first did this activity, I didn't have any add-ons.  It was boring and all she did was sing 'Pat-a-cake" with action.  I quickly took out the pipe cleaners with no idea what to do with it.  Sweet Butterfly amazed me by poking them into dough and started singing "Happy Birthday to Mama".  I'm touched.

We went to buy more embellishments the next day and used our animal cutters to make monster.  Gingerbread man was her request since she was in love with the gingerbread man story book.

IMG_3372[1]_thumb[6]

With the add-ons, we played for 1 hour.  Sweet Butterfly will get all the embellishments ready while I do up the gingerbread man.  Not sure why she will always take one big eye and one small eye.

This got to be the longest activity we ever had. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...