CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, 6 April 2013

Learning Shapes

~ @24 – 25 months ~


Sweet Butterfly has started to show an interest in shapes.  Triangle is  her fav shape.  Since the interest is there, I thought I’ll create some impromptu shapes learning activity.
Supplies:
  1. Drawing board
  2. Markers
  3. Cotton Buds
  4. Paint
  5. Glue Glitters
Directions:
  1. Draw the various shapes and write their names
  2. Use glue glitters to trace the shapes
  3. Use cotton buds to dot the interior of the shapes
Learn:
  1. Shapes
  2. Colour
  3. Fine Motor
The cotton buds and glue glitters were used in 2 separate activities.

DSC07081_thumb[7]DSC07080_thumb[7]
She always has this intense look when something new is introduced to her.  Her motor skills isn’t there yet.  So I got to guide her hand and squeeze the tube for her.
DSC07261_thumb[6]
This is the first time we tried painting with cotton buds.  I showed her how to do so.
DSC07262_thumb[7]
She ignored me and ask, “I paint my hand?’
DSC07265_thumb[15]
And she started her abstract painting on the shapes using her hands.  What’s new huh?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...