CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, 21 April 2013

Do-a-Dots Debut

~ @25 months ~
 
Learn
  1. Letter Recognition
  2. Colour
  3. Things starting with the Letter
We got our first Do-a-Dot from USA.  I’m as excited as Sweet Butterfly.  We used them to practice our Letter Recognitions.
 DSC07333_thumb[5]
PicMonkey Collage_thumb[7]
Dotting Big and Small letters from COAH.  I got her to identify the Letter, and differentiate between Big and Small Letters.  Then we talked about the colours and choose the colours to do our dotting.  I love her intense look.  She was fascinated and can’t stop ‘covering’ the ‘holes’.  Personally, I thought this is one good hand eye coordination activity.  And she created tasks to complete before we can start dotting.  1st: Roll.  2nd: Shake.  3rd: Open.
 DSC07339_thumb[5]
Big and Small letter differentiation continued with printables from 1+1+1=1.  These printables are slightly different as the letters are within an image.  I helped her in identifying the image  and we ‘hunted’ for the big and small letters.  We had sound effect when we applied the dots.  We gave a big ‘POING!’.  Think next time we will use the Letter sounds as sound effect instead.
We went on and on.  I’m glad I pre-printed the entire A-Z.  If you are wondering why she was wearing different clothes.  That’s because I managed to coax her into changing her uniform halfway through our dotting.
Credits
Confessions of a Homeschooler1+1+1=1

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...