CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, 14 April 2013

Colour Sorting with Craft Sticks and Playdough

~ @25 months ~
 
DSC07365[6]_thumb[10]
Supplies
  1. 2 cups flour
  2. 1/2 cup salt
  3. 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
  4. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  5. 1 1/2 cups boiling water
  6. Food colouring
  7. Coloured craft sticks (Popular)
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients
  2. Play
Learn
  1. Colours
  2. Sorting
  3. Counting
Since our last homemade playdough was a success, I thought I’ll extend it to colour sorting using the coloured craft sticks as a tray activity.  We had been doing some impromptu sorting and colour learning.  This time round, I thought we could do some tray activities.  I made 5 different coloured of playdough while Sweet Butterfly was at school.  Presented them in a baking tray with a bunch of coloured craft sticks.  Had to show her what this game was about and encourage her to try.  And she started with purple sticks into pink ball.  Which made me wonder why I layout the purple sticks?!?! 
DSC073691[1]
She was more interested in examining the crafts sticks.

DSC073641[1]
It took me a long while to coax her into pushing a stick into one of the playdough ball.  She got her colours all mixed up as she was more interested in just randomly sticking the sticks into the balls.  I just kept emphasizing that it is a pink ball and those are purple sticks.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...